Friday, April 2, 2010

The Link Between the Design and Experience of Fashion with Education

Fashion is our topic of discussion this week. To me fashion is an expression of who you are and how you feel. When I am feeling good about myself, what I'm doing, and who I'm going to see, I like to wear nice fashionable clothes. It is an expression of the confidence I feel. The quality and time put into the fashion shows how I feel about myself. The appearance and style of clothing however, are a snapshot of my personality. I like to add a scarf to a spice up an outfit because my love of scarves came from my experience in Europe. When someone experiences my fashion, they are getting a glimpse into me, how I feel, and my personality. This can be applied to education very easily. When a student feels confident about the work they are submitting, the work will be presented in a clean manner and will be done well. It is our job as the teacher to motivate students to do good work and give positive encouragement to aid in their success. When a student is not feeling confident about the work, for example if they are feeling as if they are incompetent and do not understand, there is a lack of motivation to put in a valiant effort. The teacher is responsible for designing lesson plans and assignments, which create a positive and motivating experience for the students, providing self confidence in the acceptable output, which therefore makes students feel successful in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment